Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ashlyn is 4

Today my little sweet girl turns 4. I can't believe it! Everyone is so surprised to know that she is turning 4 because she is super petite. But her personality is far from petite!!!!

4 Things that I love about this little Gem...

1. She can be so kind, gentle and sweet when she wants to be. I hear so many people comment on how amazingly she takes care of Corbin (when they are being watched by someone or last year in nursery.) And I can tell how much he loves her because of it. He is constantly asking where his "La La" is. And she will often take good care of me when I need it. She gives amazing hugs and can time them when they are needed most.

2. She is enthusiastic about life, whatever she does she does it with so much energy and passion. When she loves something, she lives it and breaths it. She LOVES horses, and she LOVES to write her name (and she is really good at it too!) This passion is also evident when she is angry. I am just praying this will some day benefit her instead of hinder her.

3. I love her giggle, it is surprisingly contagious and when she starts she can't stop. When she laughs at the park I see all the mothers start laughing too. She can just light up any environment.

4. She loves to read. When I can't find her, she will often be sitting with a stack a mile high of books. She never seems to get tired of them. Even at night, she pleads for me to leave the light on a just a little longer. Dylan never loved books the way she does and so I treasure every moment.

Happy Birthday Ashlyn

5 comments:

katie k said...

I can't believe Ashlyn is 4! I feel as if we were just at her baby blessing. She is such a beautiful girl :)

BWei said...

Thanks for all your recent posts--Ashlyn is a little beauty. The bedding looks great! Hope your last week or so goes by as fast or as slowly as you want it to :-).

Jackie said...

Happy birthday, chica! We love your giggle too and your beautiful, sparkling eyes.

Meggan said...

Happy Birthday to Ashlyn! I wish her and Kate could meet, they would get along splendidly.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to Ashlyn! Wasn't she just born yesterday?