Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Beginning and the End

Yesterday was an eventful day.  
This handsome and fun loving man had a birthday!
We sent him on a 33 step scavenger hunt that included all the things we love about him.

 My Grandfather died.  He has been my longtime hero.  I remember writing a report about him in 5th grade.  He was an amazing man and fearless missionary.  I remember visiting his farm in Idaho countless times as a kid.  I remember him taking us (me and all my cousins) for rides in the bucket of his tractor, he let me drive his truck before I had a license, he taught us how to bail hay (and many other farming skills), he let us dig around and play with his junk, and he would say yes behind grandmas back to just about anything.  Most of all I KNEW he loved ME.  I never doubted it.
 The cuttest park was that he was a huge tease!  Old men are so cute!
 I am grateful he now gets to see his beloved wife!  We love you grandpa!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I hope the loves of my life can say that about me: that they KNEW I absolutely LOVED THEM. But I hope my next birthday doesn't require sucking on a lemon!?