Sunday, December 9, 2007

Proud Parents


Here is just one of Dylan's many "funny faces." Dylan is transitioning from nursery to primary. So the "moonbeams" get to go to part of primary. The primary in our ward has been working hard on learing their articles of faith. Each week a few children, who want to, can go up to the microphone and "pass off" an article of faith of their choice. Last week Dylan really wanted to go up. I told him we needed to work on it. Within a few days Dylan was ready. Today we was so excited. He practically ran to the podium and sang his first article of faith with brilliance. He is the first moonbeam to pass one off. How proud we are of him! He now says he is ready to do the next one!
I received my certificate in the mail yesterday. I am now officially
Michal E. Thompson, CCLS
I also have been called as a nursery worker. Just when I thought I could finally listen for two of the three meetings! I should be more careful what I think about next time!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That's a great idea to have a moonbeams class. Kate has been excited to go to sunbeams ever since she went with her cousin to his class in August. But it is nice that she is in nursery with Jack. Who knows how he'll do when she is gone. Today was his first time staying in nursery by himself the whole time. That's great that Dylan passed off the articles of faith! What a smart kid!

Anonymous said...

Molly went to primary today too. When I saw her walking down the hall, i got teary thinking she's my last little nursery-goer. My how time flies! Jack was wondering today how far Dylan can throw a football now... he still remembers his great arm from last year. We get some pretty rowdy games going in the cul de sac, Jack's counting on Dylan to be on his team when you visit. By the way, Congrats on your certification. You're awesome.

Maegan said...

That is awesome that Dylan already knows his first article of faith. I don't know if they are doing that in our ward, but we are going to start it with Ellie.