Monday, December 8, 2008

Polar Bear Pose

I have been enjoying my weekly tennis class since we have been here in Raleigh. A gal in my ward found us a great coach who has played in Wimbledon. Connor has been a great coach in the past, however, my lessons were few and far between (both getting away at the same time was a feat.) It has been nice to play consistently and with other ladies in the ward/area so that I don't get too frustrated. Connor was sceptical about my ability to improve in a large class- but we went and played once together and he was VERY impressed. At least now I might be able to somewhat play with him before I get too old to stand on my own feet!

I also love having some time away with the girls. My coach has a thick Jamaican accent and all those once familiar tennis terms sometimes get confusing. It is now starting to get cold and we play at night so we have called ourselves the Polar bear pose. Our coach runs us around the court well so we can stay warm.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun! I played tennis in high school, but I wasn't very good. I'd love to take lessons.

Kristen said...

What a fun group!

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

That's so awesome that you do something else fun besides running! What a cool thing to take a class. Someday I'll do something like this. Cool Cool!! Too bad I stink at tennis or I'd try and play with you.

Camilla said...

Hey you. It's been a while since I've visited your blog. Good for you and your tennis. I very badly need to find something like that. I enjoyed your Thanksgiving post too. I love your pie pictures!

Mandy said...

It looks like you guys had a blast for Thanksgiving how fun. Looking at all of your activities I have to ask Don't you ever get tired?

suzi said...

That sounds like SOO much fun! Your coach sounds awesome. Having a regular "tennis night" would be the coolest. Maybe after I have this baby and can remember how to run eh?! Have fun! And, I love your background! Way cute.

Anna Rhodes said...

Isn't it fun gettin gout and playing. I have been doing Volleyball and I look forward to it all week. It is such a stress releiver.

Dunbabin said...

How fun! Tennis is a fun sport and I know what you mean about getting away with your hubby to play...next to imposible. That's nice you found a class to go to.