Friday, July 17, 2009

3-0

The man I love turns 30 today! I think he has some mixed feelings. He had always imagined that 30 would mean he owned a house, had a job that he loved and a nice car to drive to that great job. So he is a little sad that he doesn't have any of these- he does have a job he hates and the same car we had in college.
But...


I don't think he feels that old and we are pretty happy with all that we DON'T have!
30 Things I love about MY CONNOR:
1. Funny
2. Makes me feel beautiful even when I know I am not
3. humble
4. Smart
5. Kind
6. Selfless
7. Athletic
8. An amazing teacher
9. Motivated
10. Determined
11. Gives amazing hugs
12. Playful
13. Gives great massages
14. Forgives me and puts up with all my OCDness
15. Takes care of me the way my mother would
16. I love being silly with him
17. He washes way more dishes than I do
18. Leaves me lots of little love notes
19. Musical- plays numerous instruments and is an amazing singer
20. Always is complimenting me
21. Helps me become a better person
22. Spiritual Giant
23. Optimistic
24. Gentle
25. Charitable
26. Faithful
27. Cleans the house when I don't even ask
28. A patient Father
29. A squeezable face
30. Inspirational to all of us

6 comments:

BWei said...

I think Michael can relate somewhat--when you turn 30, you think you should have all your ducks in a row and be all set for the rest of your life, but it doesn't seem to happen like that all the time. Happy birthday to Connor!

Robyn said...

Here I feel it appropriate to share my favorite quote: "Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not, but remember that what you now have was once among the things only hoped for." - Epicurus
Live it and love it! Happy Birthday!

Tasha said...

Happy Birthday!!! Aaron turns 30 in two years and there are so many things he wants to accomplish, but I don't see that happening, time just goes too fast!

Ashley Funk said...

How true, how true! We're totally in the same boat as you guys. And Kevin thought we would have a house paid for by 30 or 35 - HA!

Somehow it seems we're always waiting for "real life" to begin!

I'm excited to see you next week!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Connor!

Carianne King said...

haha - I think #29 is my favorite :)