Sunday, September 18, 2011

Utah 54 - BYU 10

I don't post on our family blog much, mainly because Michal is so great at it. Last night we had a great Utah vs. BYU party with fans from both sides getting together for the annual Rivalry Game. After some great hamburgers, hotdogs, and brats, with other more healthy fruit and salad, we were ready for the game. The first half was like many other rivalry games, low scoring, turnovers on both sides, and mainly defense. It was Utah 14 - BYU 10. Then came the second half. WOW! Who would have thought Utah would go on to score 40 unanswered points! What a game! I never thought the Utes would win in that fashion, but boy am I happy they did. Everything looked great, especially in the second half. For a family divided (mainly boys Utah and girls BYU) it was a welcome win with bragging rights for another year. For those who are interested, below is a youtube video with highlights from the game. GO UTES!!!

3 comments:

Teeners said...

Didn't you go to BYU? Why are you a Utah fan?

Connor Thompson said...

Always been one. Don't know how you missed that when I was dating Michal. I grew up going to the Utah games and my Dad is a season ticket holder. Let's just say I didn't go to BYU for their athletics! I'm a Utah fan through and through, always will be too. :)

Nate King said...

Wow. I can't even come up with anything smart-alecky to say without sounding stupid. Good Job, Utah.