Sunday, October 2, 2011

D.C. Ragnar 2011

The reason this post is so delayed is because I am in denial that it is really over.

It wasn't hard to decide to do the D.C. Ragnar again this year since we had so much fun last year. A Ragnar race is a relay race- 12 of us ran 198 miles without stopping (meaning even through the night). A teammate created a blog for our team so that we could post as we ran. It was fun to get fan mail along our way from our readers. To get an hour by hour feed of our Ragnar and A LOT of entertainment go here. Here are a few pictures that didn't make the Fashionable Ladies Club Ragnar blog...

Some lucky few could catch up on their sleep anywhere...

Most of us don't have tattoos so we enjoyed them for a weekend...
We showered and relaxed at a local high school...
Team FLC (except one, of course, who was running) at exchange 18...
Enjoying the BBQ at 12am...
The tractor tire that was bigger than Megan and I...
At the finish line showing off my FLC style...
Ben created our logo and our shirts...
Van 1 (shhh... the best van!!!)....

Because I ran leg 3, the "you've got to be kidding me" leg, I am now a proud owner of...
And I wore it proudly to church the next day. I know you are all jealous, and No, it is not for sale.

Till next year!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it! You better wear that belt on our next run. Had fun catching some mileage with you yesterday. :)

Jackie said...

You are such a rock star! Well done.

PS- My sister was totally college friends with Ben and Shannon! Small world. :)

Jessica Brown said...

So wish I'd been there. And that belt buckle!! I did leg three last year and didn't get one. Can we share?

By the way - still love the hair. I hope you are loving it too now!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! I'm so glad you kicked some guys' butts while doing the tough leg. Keep it up!

Robyn said...

I've heard of those races. And wonder who are the crazy people that participate in them. Well, now I know. CRAZY WOMAN! Well, I'm impressed and proud of you, even if you are crazy. And cute haircut!