Saturday, June 9, 2012

10 years

Can't believe it's been 10 years since Connor and I tied that knot!  It makes me feel old to say it, especially when I said it countless newlyweds on our trip to the Dominican Republic.  We have been so busy with the kids these last 8 years we haven't done much for ourselves so we decided to splurge.

My dad flew out from CO to stay with the kids.  I left him with a frozen meal for each night and Ashlyn and Dylan were still in school.  He passed with flying colors- when we got home the house was clean, the kids were  so tired from a week of constant fun!
He may look tired from a week with my kids, but really, this is how he always is so it's hard to tell if they really wore him out.  He did say it was easier than he had expected!

 We flew into a really cute airport...
We stayed in a dreamy resort.  The first day it was like we had to learn to relax.  Then by the end of the trip we were pros. 

 We went horseback riding...
 Tested our archery skills (let's just say mine are less dusty than Connor's!)
 I killed him in miniature golf too...
 But I let him have darts...
Connor got to enjoy watching some French Open while we played ping pong in these cute huts...

 We challenged the waves kayaking...
 We played tennis, but boy was it so hot and humid...  (and yes, he killed me)
 We took a ride up to the mountains to go on a zip line course...
 We went shopping and Walmart, Target, Kohls, Sears and Home Depot.  Lucky for us, they all had the same merchandise... (you may have to enlarge pictures to see the signs)
 We had fresh Mango and now I will never be able to eat anything less...
 He husked (if that is even the right word) a coco bean...
 That is a lot of work for a little bit of bean!  We then got to taste the authentic chocolate they make with it, BEST. CHOCOLATE. EVER!  And I am a chocoholic!

We ate dinner in the beach..

 And at a yummy Asian restaurant (and many other yummy restaurants)...
 We watched a few of the evening entertainment.  The Michael Jackson show was our favorite!

And yes, we did squeeze in there some laying at the pool, sleeping in, and taking naps when we wanted!

But the kids still are in denial that Papa Steve has to leave soon!!

11 comments:

Emily Poll said...

so fun! so glad you had such a great getaway! and congrats on 10 years!

Jessica Brown said...

Sounds like an awesome trip!

Heather Macbeth said...

So fun. Y'all deserve it after 10 years!!! And I am totally curious about all of those stores. That's just hilarious.

Jameson King said...

Congrats. Glad you had fun! I'm guessing that Kamrah scared dad and set some pretty tough expectations so that in the end he thought it was easy.

Also, completely agree with you on the picture of him asleep.

mks said...

fun trip!! makes me want to go somewhere warm and sunny. i loved all the adventurous things you did!

Meggan said...

Michal! What a great trip! So next week I'm flying with the kids to Richmond, VA to visit my lil sis. I wish we were driving so we could drop in, but the plane tickets were too hard to pass up... Your family is gorgeous friend!

Tasha said...

I have always wanted to try a zip-line! We totally need to do something like this for our ten year...but baby won't even be a year old yet.. so it may have to be 15 years, lol. How nice!

Rachel said...

I hate you. Okay not really, but I am crazy jealous of you right now. So glad you had a great trip!!

Robyn said...

Wow, if that's what you get after 10 years, I'm in! We're going on 8 . . . almost to our exotic vacation! I glad you were able to get away, and that your kids apparently didn't miss you! ;)

Melissa Grow said...

Sounds so fun! Does that mean I have to wait another 5 years to splurge like that? :)

Brianne Christopher said...

congratulations you two! You are wonderful examples of husband--wife team...kicking butt in all athletics and in raising your kids! We miss you! XOXO