Monday, June 25, 2012

Father's Day 2012

I am sure this might sound redundant to many of my father's day postings, but I think this man...
Has turned out to be a pretty darn amazing dad if you ask me.  I know he might not look like it from this picture, but besides being a big kid at heart, he is an amazing example and teacher.  I couldn't have asked for a better man!  

This year has brought some new challenges with it.  Because Dylan is getting older, we are trekking into some unknown parenting places.  The way Connor handled these experiences has made me even more amazed by him and more grateful.  I know my kids will be in good shape, even though I often feel like a huge mess of a mom.

So here is what Connor got himself for Father's Day...
Since all my readers are big truck fans I am sure you could all tell from the picture.  NOT!  He got himself some new tires for his truck and a lift so they would fit.  I have noticed more men drooling as I drive by in it.  Can't say I understand it, but I love that he loves it!

And of course we treated him the best we could and made him wear his silly homemade tie (which I don't have a picture of, but you can get the idea of it by looking at the last two years.)

And of course I know he wouldn't be the amazing man he is without having such a great dad himself.  So thank you to Roger for setting the bar high!  And I am so grateful for my own Dad who has passed on some wonderful habits to me and who has always supported me in all that I have done.  I still remember the time I wrote one of my first papers at school, he spend hours with me.  It was then I knew how much he loved me and how smart he was!
Thank you to all the Dad's, who put their Father role first!

No comments: