Thursday, March 21, 2013

Beloved Raleigh

We move on Saturday.

I can't say that I am two feet in. 

I've loved living in Raleigh.


I had my last Boberry Buscuit today.  If you haven't had one you might not understand, if you have I'm sure you are now drooling.  You'r welcome! Just one of those great Southern things. 

 This is not an all inclusive post about all the things I will miss about living here- if it was this post would longer than the Nile River.   This is the place that we have lived the most years of our married lives. It's been the best almost 5 years!  We have enjoyed all the friends we've made who have truly become family to us.  We've loved the Southern Culture- relaxing, friendly yet refined.

I'll miss moments like this...

I'll miss my Julie...

I'll miss my Shelley...

I'll miss the "snow storms" that shut everything down for days on end...


The beach, oh how I will miss the beach, there is NOTHING like the Southern Atlantic Beaches!


I will miss my Ragnar buddies, 3 Ragnars strong...


I will miss the Neuse River and the Trail near our house...


And much much much more!  But the one thing that does bring a smile to my face... not having to endure another blazing summer!!!!!!!!!!!  When I get really, really sad (which happens far too often) I just have to remember that we can be outside this summer without being drenched in water or sweat.   But I would do another summer if it meant I could stay.  

I love you Raleigh friends Family!!!

I love you!!!   

2 comments:

Rachel said...

YOU WILL BE MISSED!!

Robyn said...

Sniff, I know how you feel, I felt the same way leaving Boston! Where are you moving?