Wednesday, April 17, 2013

We Are Alive

It's been a whirlwind!  We are now officially Coloradans.  We enjoyed living at my parents house for a week.  They have the best basement, basketball hoop, swing, pingpong table and climbing wall included...

The girls squealed with delight when they opened the chest of dress ups...
 Thankfully my mom was prepared to decorate eggs so I didn't have to worry about it in the middle of moving.  We tried a new shaving cream way, it was really cool...

Then the day after we go in our house Connor's Dad called and said "we are coming tomorrow to help unpack!" What a TENDER MERCY!  Not only did Connor's parents drive over from SLC but so did his sister's family of 7, and brother's family of 5!  The cousins reunited after two whole years and played from dawn to dusk while all adults put their shoulder to the wheel.  Without their help I would have averaged 2 boxes a day for sure!  It was also wonderful to know that we moved here for a wonderful reason- so we could see family more!  And of course we couldn't send them off without having a dance party!

And yes, unfortunately I still look like this...
I guess moving doesn't put me into labor!

So after taking a week off and enjoying spring weather for our spring break the kids went to their first day at their new school...
 They are doing very well adjusting but we still have some more to go.

And we have definitely had our share of snow since we got here (three huge storms), but no one is complaining.  It makes for hours of entertainment for these three...

And lots of sledding and Tutu and Papa Steve's House...
Who needs sleds anyway?

 So all is well, just playing the waiting game.  The kids are terribly excited to meet this sweet little girl.  They ask me multiple times a day when she is coming.  I wish I knew!

3 comments:

BWei said...

How wonderful to have help unpacking--that is awesome. And you look amazing, although you probably don't feel that way. Wish we had taken the time to see you while you were in NC. :-( Hope things continue to settle in well!

Jessica Brown said...

Glad you made it, and are settling in. Hope that baby comes soon!

Rachel said...

Oh wow. That is quite the belly! Your back must be killing you. I hope little girl shows up soon! Congrats on your new house and move and I still miss you!