Monday, July 7, 2008

Opening Night


This week we opened the play This is Kirtland. We had a successful first two shows. Now we just have 6 more shows. Here is Connor singing Dear Emma. I have heard from many that he plays a wonderful Joseph (as myself- but I am biased.) He was worried about following Nate as Joseph from last year as everyone thought he was amazing. I can't tell you how cute he looks in all of his makeup! Good thing I am the one who gets to steal kisses between scenes (Shh, don't tell Emma!)

I play Julia Murdock, the woman who died giving birth to twins who were then given to Joseph and Emma. This song is the only scene I am prego in, so there are a few jokes about it:
After the opening scene I "go get pregnant"
I have a very short pregnancy
Didn't I just do this?
I am very pregnant but have a 5 month old too!
Wide load coming!
I die and come back to life (I am in a few more scenes after my prego scene- unprego)
I have two husbands, both who are younger than me!
I am a mistress to Joseph

Here are the kids at just ONE of the many practices they attended. Ashlyn who wishes she was up there dancing right along with us.

Here is a sideshow of all the fun and crazy moments of our experience. This has been a very hard time for us, but rewarding spiritually. We have learned so much about Joseph and these Saints. We have had many spiritual experiences and we have made so many wonderful friendships! This really is an amazing show written and directed by our close friends. I am so impressed with the concentrated talent in this area- all for a great purpose! We are so excited to share this with our friends and neighbors.

10 comments:

BWei said...

Sounds like it was such a wonderful experience. Where did the play perform? What neat memories!

Nellie said...

What an awesome opportunity for you guys! I can't even imagine trying to do something like that with little kids...and I only have two so I really admire you guys! That is so crazy that you know Melissa...how did you know her? I actually sort of remember her family because we went to the same elementary school, but her and Landon never met until they were in the same ward at BYU.

ty and megs said...

i wish we could see you guys preform in this. looks like fun!

Kristen said...

What fun pics! We can't wait to see you both in the play!

jeanine said...

what an amazing experience!

Boston Family said...

You guys look great. And it looks like it was a ton of fun! I miss doing stuff like this! Hope your having a great summer!

Leslie said...

I'm glad things are going so well. It looks like you had a good time working on the play. I am still impressed that you did it with three little ones in tow. Just think in two weeks it will all just be a wonderful, crazy memory.
Also i love your new family and kid pictures what a cute and beautiful and handsome family. Love you.

Carrie said...

So cool. Wish we could of seen it!!! You are a babe even in all that old fashioned garb!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! That is so exciting! I wish I could see it. We did an original play in January compiled by someone in our Stake of Journal entries of the Saints. It was called Lover for the Cause of Christ. I had a wonderful time. It was nice to use my degree for something. But i also know that it was a huge commitment! congrats on making it to opening night!!

Katt said...

You look HOT in that dress! Did you get to keep it. :) I'm sure you guys did an awesome job! I wish I could've been there to see it. I would've been your biggest fan... oh, wait, I already am!