Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Nights


I have come to feel a little jipped. I have been excited to move all winter long and now that summer has FINALLY come, it isn't so bad (granted there are only three months out of the year here that are warm.) We have enjoyed fun family activities -well, the very few moments we are not working on the play that is.

Dylan played on a T-ball team. He loved every minute of it! He was one of two kids who could throw the ball from the pitchers mound to first! We are such proud parents, can you tell?? He was sad when it all eneded because it made him feel so big and he called them "my team." Connor and I have also been playing on a softball team so he really enjoyed having his own feild time! My favorite part was when he would run into home and pass by us giving us all high fives, and always seeming to leave Ashlyn hanging. Luckily, she is patient and would hang out until he finally heard us and came back.

Dylan also took swimming lessons. The first day was rough, but then he went to town. After he got his cool, shark googles, there was nothing that could stop him! He is my little fish. He really believes that he can swim all by himself (making me happy that he is so confident, but scared because I don't know if that is REALLY true.) Ashlyn has even ventured off the stairs, and would rather swim and jump in deaper water. We spend all the time we can at the pool before we have to leave. Everyone looks at me like I am crazy coming to the pool with three little kids on my own, but how else do you do it?!

Here is our last hurrah to Cleveland. We will miss the sunny days!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the summer activities like swimming and baseball. When do you leave? Good luck with packing and moving! Lots of fun!

Katt said...

That's always how it is- you don't like a place until it's time to leave and then you fall in love with it. Don't you hate that!?! Anyway, it looks like you guys are having a great and active summer! So many fun activities! It's too bad the summer can't last longer. Winter just stinks!!!
Good luck on the move! I'm excited to hear all about your new place and all your exciting adventures!!!

Leslie said...

Wow! I don't know how you guys fit all that in with the play going on as well. You are amazing. I'm glad you are having fun there. I am jealous that Dylan gets to wear goggles at swim lessons, they're not allowed at our swimming until the upper level classes. Good luck this last week surviving the movers invasion.

Marilyn said...

Michal,
Hey there! I found your blog, how cute! I hope the journey went well for you and you have arrived safely at your new home in Raleigh! It will be fun to keep in touch through blogs! take care,
Marilyn

Tobler's said...

Sounds like a fun summer. I'd rather take all my kids to the pool than stay home. I've been meaning to call you but every time I get around to it - its midnight your time. When are you guys moving? Hope to talk to you soon.
Brooke

Tasha said...

Where are you going now? If you keep moving and having kids like this I won't be able to keep up:) Dylan is definitely going to be your meal ticket.......remember I did watch him a few times, LOL:) Take Care and Good Luck!

Maegan said...

I hope the move has gone okay. I hope you come to Colorado soon. We miss you!