Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Doorbell

I love my little Ashlyn, but she has been by far our hardest to handle lately. As cute and sweet as she can be she really does have an ugly side.
She does not react well to discipline- meaning she could care less. I could take away everything she owns and she wouldn't blink and eye. This particular day I had had it with her, I can't even remember what exactly it was over. I know that most of the time she hates to be locked outside- especially since it isn't exactly warm. So I locked her out of the house just as I have done a few times before. I let her cry and wine for a few minutes. Of course I was not surprised when the door bell started to ring. It was just around the time I had decided to go get her anyway. However, when I opened the door, I was the one who was surprised! Not only was Ashlyn at my doorstep with fresh tears but so was a friend from my ward. I immediately was embarrassed that she has showed up right when I purposely locked my 3 year old out of the house!
I am still hoping that she somehow understands my desperation!

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

I have totally done that before...so I understand! I swear 3 years old has just about done me in. :)

MKS said...

funny story :) you'll laugh about it in a few years :)

Rochelle said...

Oh wow... that would be a little embarrassing! :)

Grace was that way forever. We found that the only discipline that worked for her was taking her dresses away for a week. She loves skirts and dresses... so it was really hard for her to have to wear pants for a whole week.

ty and megs said...

oh michal! i'm so sorry. mckilnay decided this week to stop taking naps. do you think i could lock her outside for an hour in the middle of the day to get some things done?
thanks for posting this. it made me laugh and glad to have someone to commiserate with. :)

Tasha said...

Your post made me feel SOOO much better! The only thing that works with Kenley is to lock her in the dark, cold garage...And it only takes about 5 seconds for her to shape up! Sometimes you have to do what you have to do...

suzi said...

That's hilarious! There's nothing like sharing a disciplinary moment with others. By the way, you are such a cute pregnant mommy!

The Coxes said...

I LOVE this story!!!