Monday, January 4, 2010

Saying Goodbye to 2009

When I get home I will post about Christmas, but for now you get to enjoy my New Years post!

For the record, Ashlyn has officially called me "really fat" and went on to laugh hysterically. At the moment I was not laughing! Pictures of the fat lady coming soon!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you have never done before? It's what we DIDN'T do- The first year in our married life we haven't moved!!! I haven't had to touch or fill a single moving box!


2. What would you like to do in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? For Connor to like his job, to buy a house would be super cool, but I am not banking on either. Maybe having this baby in 2010 would be a good thing?


3. What was your best memory of 2009? Outer banks twice, each with both sides of the family. We are up for more in 2010, who wants to come?


4. What was your biggest achievement? I got a real job, a real grown up job! The last few years have finally paid off.


5. What was your biggest failure? Why focus on failures? I won my first 5k!!!


6. Did you or someone you know suffer from an illness? Corbin was in the hospital with intussiception and we barely made it out without surgery. We know many others who have done a lot of suffering this year!


7. What was your best purchase? Our bed. I am missing it (we are still in SLC.)


8. What behavior merited celebration this year? Carrie's decision to go on a mission- now serving in Honduras!


9. What behavior appalled or depressed you? Realizing I needed to have a tonsillectomy. Boy am I glad I only have to do that once in my life time!!!


10. Where did all your money go? I want know know too! I always thought I was super frugal, according to Connor we are in dire need of a budget!


11. What is your favorite song of 2009? Well, I haven't been listening to much except primary music, with my new calling and all- not to mention that I have three little kids.


12. Who was your biggest influence of 2009? My husband, who takes immaculate care of me!


13. What was your favorite TV show? We cut the cable, what a great decision of 2009 (except that Connor had to turn it back on for football season, but it is off again!)


14. What was your favorite book? Wish I had time to read a real book- but I did love "Love and Logic Magic for early Childhood."


15. What was your favorite movie? Blindside. If you haven't seen it you should.


16. What has kept you sane? Dylan in Kindergarten! What did I do without it. No, it has been an INTERESTING transition. He is doing amazing though!

What was great about your 2009, and what do you hope for in 2010?

Just a few of my goals for the year, I just hope I can keep them up with a new baby coming!
Get a better grip on my parenting skills
Get a better grip on my spiritual growth
Get a better grip on healthy eating
Get a better grip on my weight!!! (ha, ha)

Real detailed I know, but that is about all I can do for now.

2 comments:

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

You're awesome, I miss you and can't wait to start running soon!!! Right? ;)

Meggan said...

I love your recap. You should do it every new year. Good luck with all your goals. I know your going to do awesome!