Sunday, April 17, 2011

One and counting

On Friday Kamryn had her first birthday! How fast this year has gone. It has been packed with so many blessings. We have enjoyed our first year with her- to say the least. Sadly, the 4th child gets jipped on a lot of the frills in life. This was our pathetic attempt at a party... When we sang to her she acted interested but confused as to why everyone was looking at her. Because she is my best eater, I assumed she would devour the cake unlike all my other kids. Surprisingly, she didn't. How sad. However, I can't say that it was the best cake I have made. She didn't mind getting her hands messy... She was great at sharing... She likes both chocolate and vanilla... Most of all she liked her bath... She didn't seem to have any interest in unwrapping her birthday presents, I couldn't keep Corbin, Ashlyn and Dylan to stop unwrapping for her... She was content just playing with the toys that were already around... I truly have mixed feelings about this birthday. I have loved every minute of this munchkin. She has an extremely happy temperament. I have always felt like she was so mature for her size- like I could connect and talk to her as if she understood. I am excited to see each new step of her life because she continues to become even more entertaining every day. However, I am so sad that one year has already passed only because it means that it will continue fly by at the same rate and I have enjoyed it too much for it to move so quickly. I have come to realize that my experience with motherhood has been a little backwards. When Dylan and Ashlyn were little I wished away the years and wanted my babyhood days to quickly expire. Now, as I am on my fourth baby I am finally coming to realize how much fun this is and how much I really love it- only to realize it is winding down. It could be due to the dynamics we are in right now, but I wish I had known then what I know now. I have learned to treasure each new day.

5 comments:

Tasha said...

Happy Happy Birthday! She is so beautiful!

Ashley Clark said...

Aw. so cute! I love that all the other kids took over and opened presents.

Amazing how fast it goes by. I tell myself a lot, "The days are long, but the years are short. "

Kadi said...

Happy Birthday cute Kamryn! I can't believe how fast time has gone...is she really a year already?!

Jackie said...

That girl is precious! I love how baffling birthdays are to babies. :)

Steve and Patti King said...

What a precious picture of Ashlyn looking at the water in the tub!