Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30

I turned 30 last week. I was more worried about it 6 months ago. The sad part- when I drastically cut my hair one of my biggest worries was turning 30 with such a horrible hair do! Let's just say I got over that one. In one sense I was excited to turn 30. Totting around four kids, being twenty and some change made heads turn. 30 sounds so much more mature and worthy of four kids. I am also hoping my "older" friends will not feel such a big age gap between us anymore - wink, wink!

Luckily, MLK landed the day before giving Connor a big fat day off of work to celebrate ME. Breakfast in bed with cinnamon rolls and all (Ashlyn and I practically ate the entire pan.) Jane, one of my idols, had us over for dinner. What I didn't know was that it was a decoy. Connor planned a surprise party with some of our favorite families. He also had worked long and hard creating a movie about me. A slideshow of pictures from birth to the present as well as interviews with all the kids about how they felt about me. I can say that he did a great job- there were only a few pictures that I cringed at as we all watched the video.

Success? I say so! Corbin had cake for dinner, my house was filled with people I love and Connor didn't have seminary the next day (meaning, I got to actually hang out with him after the kids went to bed.)

But the celebration doesn't end there...dinner made by my bestie with a bunch of other super amazing gals!

Thanks for making my 30th super amazing everyone!

8 comments:

Jessica Brown said...

Happy Birthday!!! Just 30? You're still a babe!

jeanine said...

Happy 30th! Sounds like it was the perfect day!

Rachel said...

Happy 30th!! You still don't look a day over 23, but I guess if you say you're thirty, I'll believe you. :)

Tasha said...

Where's the video?? I am glad you had a fabulous birthday!

BWei said...

Happy 30th! Sounds like it was a great day. And I know what you mean--I am excited to turn 30 (later this year)...makes you so much more legit, right? :-)

Leslie said...

Happy 30th! I figure the four kids make me legit, nobody asks how old i am. (Guess that just means I look alot older) We want to see the video. Put it up on you-tube or something.

Emily Cleverly said...

Happy Birthday!!! I miss you.

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Happy Birthday! Don't worry I will be joining the 30 club in October! Scary!