Monday, February 6, 2012

8 IS Great

I can't believe how fast 8 years has gone. I also can't remember what it was like without Dylan in my life. Sure, we endured some "difficult" years with Dylan when he was an infant/toddler, but now he is a pretty GREAT kid. I am so proud to watch him reap the rewards of his hard work. I am also amazed to watch him help his siblings struggle, he notices and then finds a unique and fun way to help them. I am so happy that I have such a great example for my other kids to follow!
Dylan requested a Skylander themed party. Sadly, they are too new for me to copy any party ideas off the internet. I also got really lazy with the cake as you can see, but I am not sorry.

Each guest created and original Skylander. They drew their pictures and wrote a bio for each one. This was pretty cool to see how creative these guys can be...
We then played "guess the Skylander." I didn't realized how much these kids knew about the characters!We did what all Skylanders do... we search for "things." We had a two team "Treasure and Eternal Sources Quest" (aka scavenger hunt.) This was one serious game!

Presents were a hit of course! Thanks everyone! Thankfully, only one present was Skylanders...Since the boys were literally bouncing off each other, as if I had pumped them all full of sugar or something, we had to head outside. Of course, Dylan put together a game of football...Happy Birthday My not so little man!

1 comment:

AmbertheGreat said...

Wow, I can't believe he is 8 yrs old, it seems like I just met you and was coming over for welcome baby visits. Your family is so cute and I love keeping up with all that you are doing.