Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Roll after Roll

This picture can show you the reason we had to take Corbin into the ER on Sunday. I don't know if it is in the genes or if it solely based on the possible "pure cream" I produce. All of my babies have quickly become rather chubby. I can not complain because chubby babies are quite cute and lovable. However, it has raised a few concerns for us. These rather numerous rolls under the chin make for a rather wonderful and ideal conditions for a yeast infection to grow. It is warm, often moist and free from air! It started early last week. I did not think much of it because we have battled this before. I just layered the red creases with some left over yeast medication. But it got worse through the week. A talk with a nurse left us trying some other options to try. Little did I know that corn starch actually feeds yeast infections!!! So after a long day of a very sad little boy (one who is never sad unless he has good reason) we ended up taking him in for a visit. I feel like the nurses in the ER should know me by now (after Dylan and Ashlyn's episode in the fall)! It is slowly getting better with a new and improved Nystatin powder!!!

I really can't complain. Corbin has been a GREAT baby and puts up with so much and still continues to be as happy as can be. He really loves Dylan and Dylan can inevitably get a smile and some coo's out of Corbin. Looks like they are a great match! Ashlyn, on the other hand, smothers him until I pry her off of him! She has to be constantly touching his head in some form or another- from her elbow to her feet.
Here's to THREE months old!!

12 comments:

Tasha said...

Nystatin works so well!!! I had to use it when Kenley got a Yeast infection from medication. It grew from this tiny spot to this horrible thing in a couple hours... Needless to say I was freaked, but the nystatin started clearing it up insantly. I am so grateful for modern medicine. He is absolutely gorgious by the way!!! Very cute!

ty and megs said...

i worried about that with mckinlay. she has such a drool monster and she was a major chub. glad you got it all taken care of. and what a cutie! i just want to reach out and pinch his cheeks!

Steve and Liz Evans said...

I worry about that with Peyton! Jaxon was the skinniest baby and Peyton on the other hand is just a chunk! I need to watch out for that problem because haveing a chubby baby is new to me. Thanks for the heads up.

whitney said...

oh he is so stinkin' cute! i'm glad he's getting better.

Morgan said...

what a cutie he is. glad all is well again.

Jenny said...

Corbin is such a cutie! I'm sorry that you had to go to the ER again. Hopefully that's the last time for a while. My kids do what your kids do with babies (smother and help). Cute kids!

Melanie said...

hospital again!?!? man, michal. when it rains, it pours! your poor family and the ER... at least he's super cute. glad that fiasco is over with!

jeanine said...

poor baby! Glad he's doing better.

jeanine said...

poor baby! Glad he's doing better.

Rochelle said...

He's still as cute as ever! I enjoyed watching Dylan at the dance rehearsal yesterday. He was so cute... he turned to me when it was their turn and said, "The boys are going to dance better than the girls... watch and see." :)

Anonymous said...

I remember finding a pea in one of Jack's rolls... and we hadn't eaten peas that day! Sorry about all the ER visits, just think of them as continuing education credits for your certification! You guys make such cute kids, you should have lots more!

Tasha said...

I was just looking at your "falling over dead" post cause I wanted a good laugh and it didn't disappoint!! Thanks for having such a funny family:)