Saturday, May 3, 2008

This Is Kirtland- Here we come!

What a day! We spent more than half of it at the church, but we better start getting used to that because...

Connor has just been casted as the Joseph Smith in "This is Kirtland"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cami has been telling him for the last year that he has to try out for the play so that he can be Joseph (her husband, Nate, has been Joseph for the last two years.) I think Nate was ready to ditch the wig and let someone with light hair play the part! So Cami was right, and we will spend the next three months at the church. I am sad I don't get to play opposite his part, but I am relieved to not be expected to play Emma (Soprano part - Connor can LITERALLY sing higher than me!!!) I have been casted as Julia Murdock. It will be great, except I have to be PREGO AGAIN! The last thing I want to be right now!

We also had a ward graduation party for all the graduating dental students. Connor and his band got to play, and boy did they love to finally be rock stars!!

So to sum it all up, Connor is "THE MAN." He was a grub (didn't have time to shower) and he still swept the part and rocked the house! Funny how one man can be the cool drummer and Joseph Smith all rapped into one.

The play will be the first three weekends in July. We will house anyone willing to come and see it!! Once-in-a life time opportunity!

9 comments:

whitney said...

cool! congrats to connor!

Kadi said...

That's so awesome! I wish we could come out and see it. That would be so cool...though it sounds busy for you guys. You guys are AMAZING!!!

Ellsworth said...

That is so awesome that Connor will be Joseph! How exciting! Congrats to you too on your part! It will be fun to come and see you in it!

ty and megs said...

that's awesome! i wish i could be there to see it!

Rochelle said...

We are so excited to come and see you guys perform! We are always happy to baby-sit for you as well... even thought it's kind of out of the way for you. Good luck! You'll both do incredible!

jeanine said...

That is awesome!

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He will awesome and he really was a rock star on Saturday! I only wish I could see him in action (well both of you!). You will have to post video on your blog!

Melanie said...

wowsers! michal!?! i had not idea you guys were so talented? well, i knew you were talented. just not in that department! what a wonderful experience for your family!

Meggan said...

You folks have been super busy. I am sorry that it's been a while since I checked in! Glad to hear all is doing well. Between the play and the rock band it sounds like you have one diverse hubby. That's good though. Keeps things interesting, I'm sure. Your kiddos get cuter every time you post!