Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Triathlete

My brother, Jamie, left today for Australia. What is he doing in Australia you say? He is competing in the World Championship. He has traveled all over the country for years competing in Triathlons and has always done very well. He recently competed in CA to qualify for World. I think it is safe to say that I have a famous professional Triathlete for a brother!!

Now, Connor would not let you forget that "if it hadn't been for him Jamie would never be where he is." Meaning, Connor was the first one do compete in a triathlon and now my family, especially Jamie, has taken over the sport with flying colors. I could go into detail about how awesome they all are (my mom constantly wins her category and does about 3 official ones a year.) So Jamie just started this sport about 4 years ago!

This is a picture of my brother coming out of the water at his most recent Echo Triathlon. He made the cover of this Western based magazine. He is super amazing and I am proud of all he has accomplished and all that he has accomplished on the side (new wife, graduation ,brand new baby.) He has amazed me that his two strongest sections (swimming and biking) of his triathlon are one's he has completely had to learn from scratch and his weakest part (running) is the one thing I thought he would never be able to do again (so many knee problems in HS.) Not to mention that in the middle of all these years of training, he was in a huge bike/car accident where he was hit by a car and flipped over it and tore his MCL. That didn't slow him down a bit. He now works for PowerTri and teaches spin classes. By the way, Carrie, out of no bias, says he is the best spin teacher!

Check out his triathlon blog here where you can keep tabs on him during his big race and learn about his triathlon history and even SPONSOR him!!!

Congratulations and Good Luck!!! Have fun in Australia

4 comments:

suzi said...

That is AWESOME! Have you ever looked at a website called PHOTATOBUG.COM? On there, you can make your own slideshow with your own pictures, and click a button on it to have people donate money to a cause or an account... it could be a great way for him to find sponsors! If you do, send me one so we can! My brother served in Australia and I'd love to go there. That's really neat!

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

You and your family are so talented at athleticism. No one you amaze me at your running skills! Awesome!! How are you feeling by the way? If you need a day out of the house and want to come play, let me know!

Aubrey said...

wow, that is seriously so cool!

Kristen said...

Congrats! That is crazy cool!