Monday, September 28, 2009

The Big Day

We have talked about today with Dylan for MONTHS!

Dylan's Tonsillectomy
He did a wonderful job, I would like to attribute that to my amazing Child Life Skills but he really was amazing himself. He knew everything that was going to happen and it really helped. He was a trooper taking his very yucky "silly medicine" (versed) and here he is being very silly...

The anesthesiologist even thought he was funny. By far the hardest part was waking up! Harder for mom or Dylan I don't know (notice no picture for that.) He slept all morning but then he was ready to be back to his old self. We are having to get really creative to keep this kid resting! Our doctor specifically told me he needed three days of REST!!! I will feel lucky to get two!

I know it wasn't a fun experience, but I hope I did him a favor! It definitely beats my three week recovery!

We also wish best wishes to our friend Ali (Dylan's best friend's mom) who was right behind Dylan for the same procedure.

8 comments:

Tasha said...

Good Luck on his recovery! I am with you on the two days tops! :)

suzi said...

He is such a cute little boy. What a good sport. Wow, two days... that is WAY impressive. How in the world are you getting him to rest?!

Carrie said...

Lainey wouldn't get up for a few days at all. The worst part was trying to get her to take the medicine once the hospital drugs wore off and her throat really started hearting.

And we had ear drops for her tubes, which she hated.

But what I really wanted to say was watching her get wheeled in to the recovery room and be all groggy and just waking up and realizing her throat hurt... worst moment of motherhood so far. Broke. my. heart.

Hope Dylan's recovery continues to go well!

Mary Pugh said...

Cute Dylan! I hope he is up and running around soon!

Kristen said...

Yay! I am glad everything went well! I hope he has a quick recovery!

Jackie said...

What a champ! Good luck with the recovery.

Robyn said...

Recovery: 2 days as child = 3 weeks as adult? Something doesn't seem to add up . . .

Kadi said...

We hope he recovers quickly! I'm glad things went well. Good luck keeping him resting...take care all of you!