Thursday, July 15, 2010

Called to Serve

Whenever we have moved we have always received new callings (due to relocation.) This move is no exception. I of course was starting to feels the pressures from Connor's calling in YM. We had not seen him much due to mutual activities, meetings, fundraising activities, and scout camp. I assumed a call from a stake leader meant he was being called to stake YM and I was pretty happy about that. However, instead he has been called to... Yes, we will be having early morning seminary in our new home starting in September. I sat in front of our stake leader shocked and if it hadn't been too odd, Connor would have done a back flip for joy. The fun part is that we can dedicate a room in our new house just for this cause. So now we need to start practicing early retiring each night!

10 comments:

Amber said...

That's way cool. Life outside of Utah is so foreign to me. I hope it is a great blessing to your family.

Heather Macbeth said...

I have to say that I HATE waking up early but being a seminary teacher would be an exception! Congrats on the new calling! I bet he's going to be a great teacher and be awesome with the youth!

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

Wow, I thought there was a rule if you had young children that you couldn't teach. At least that was a couple years ago with my parents. It was really strict too, b/c she really wanted to and they wouldn't let her because of my youngest sister. Go you...wow!

Jessica Brown said...

Wow! Good luck!

Katt said...

Wowzers. that's quite the calling. You guys will be great!

Robyn said...

Wow! I hate to say it, but what will the kiddos do while you're pouring forth spiritual knowledge?

suzi said...

Congratulations! What an example for your kids to see that in your home and aspire to that one day! What a blessing and great way to start residence in your home. You'll both be GREAT! Those kids are lucky. Early morning is always the best because the kids attending really want to be there. All that said, GOOD LUCK! Nomatter the context, early morning is early morning...especially with kiddos!

Mandy said...

Wow, that means you have to have your house clean every night before you go to bed. If anyone can do it, you can. Connor will be awesome.

Elder Henry H. Thompson said...

Maybe Dylan and Ashlyn can graduate from Seminary early... way early :)

Meggan said...

Congrats guys! Sorry I've been blog MIA...It's been nuts. It looks like ya'll have been busy busy! Love your house though. Gorgeous. And seminary teacher would be an awesome calling!!!