Monday, December 6, 2010

State Fair

This post is long past due. Connor and I have been making a priority to go on dates with our children. It was my turn to go out with Dylan. The State Fair was up and running. So we decided to go.

I would have to admit that the only reason I wanted to go was because EVERYONE in the city of Raleigh goes EVERY year and they count down the days till it comes again. On the other hand, it has NO appeal for me whatsoever. However, I have a deep ingrained desire to never be left out of anything fun, so I talked myself into taking Dylan for just an hour or two.

Dylan on the kiddy roller coaster...
The giant trampoline...
This kid loves Cotton Candy...
I DO NOT!!!


Memorable Moments:
1. I tried to lighten my load by only brining my credit card, which they DO NOT TAKE!!! Only out of prayer were we able to find some friends to borrow money from.
2. Feeling my heart speed race at just the sight of how many people there were- the line to park, the line to buy a ticket, the line to get on a ride, so many people you can barely walk straight. I do not like crowds, nope not at all. I am not a patient person. All of you who know my recent accidents know that they all stem from this weakness!
3. The smells- sweet and greasy foods everywhere!

But I was honored to be on a date with this cute man, who made the unbearable, bearable!

This doesn't mean you will be seeing me there next year though!

4 comments:

mks said...

i love the kid date idea. you guys are great parents

Tasha said...

Oh, you are so funny:)

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

Great! We've been trying to do dates too, but mostly ours are going grocery shopping or to the library together. haha

Jessica Brown said...

I'm not a state fair fan either. Give me wide open spaces and a crunchy apple. Then I'm happy.