Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

I know most of you are way past Thanksgiving. Sadly, I am just getting around to documenting mine.

We had a great Holiday. This is the first time we have never traveled and we loved it! We enjoyed getting many home projects done- which I hope to post about soon.

The week started out with planning and executing Ashlyn's preschool Thanksgiving party...
We made crayon turkeys (ours seems to have a permanent role in daily coloring activities) and "thankful for/fours"...
Ashlyn's friend Ella had her dad come in and helped us sing some very adorable kids thanksgiving songs. He was amazing...
I hosted a baby celebration party for my friend Rachel- who should be having her baby any second! Sadly, no pictures.

I got to run a 5k turkey trot Thanksgiving morning. I took women's 3rd place and got a hefty gift card to a local triathlon store. I am excited to go shopping!

Connor, Dylan and I played in the ward Turkey Bowl this year. It has been a long time since we were able to take part in this tradition. There was also a little soccer on the side...
The kids played nicely on the sidelines...
Connor was a great QB! (As you can see we are in our shorts and t-shirts.)The kids Thanksgiving table. Dylan ate almost the whole platter of 7 layer jell-o himself!
Our amazing hosts, Julie (sorry Julie, only picture I had, you still look great) and Patrick. Patrick made a MEAN turkey! We truly are grateful for such wonderful friends.
We were lucky enough to have the Sisters eat with us, what great company!
I am truly Thankful for so many things, but here are my top three...

1. My Family, I have been blessed with the most amazing husband, parents, siblings and children.

2. The Full and Everlasting gospel that brings joy and meaning into my life. I have felt this much more strongly as Connor and I devote all our spare time to our callings. It has opened my eyes to a greater cause.

3. The health of my family and I. Working at the hospital makes me more aware of this blessing.

May our days be brimming with Thanksgiving through the holiday season and throughout 2011!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

So jealous of the shorts weather for turkey day... we went sledding in 15 degree weather... I know you miss that so much:)

Steve and Liz Evans said...

We missed you guys! Morgan was not the same without you! I think Kamryn looks just like you Michal!