Saturday, March 31, 2012

Ashlyn is 6

Ashlyn turned 6 yesterday. She already thinks that she is 6 1/2 today! Time flies, but not that fast! She has such a big personality on the inside. It is not hard for her to run the show. She plays a real good teenager impression (too bad it isn't an impression) but she can be so kind and gentle (most often when she is not in my presence, I hear this from others.) Yet she is still so small on the outside. I realize just how young she is when I see her walk home from school with the older kids. Not to mention she still wears toddler size shoes!

So tonight we had German pancakes for dinner- her favorite.

I lover her to pieces because... 1. She is a great shopping buddy 2. She is an amazing artist 3. She gives the best hugs 4. She tells me when I look good or when I don't, and she is usually right 5. She loves shoes just as much as I do 6. She is a thoughtful friend

Ashlyn asked for a Ocean Birthday party... Her wish is my command...
The waves, bubbles, and fishing net...The fish cake...The ocean water with fish ice cubes...We enjoyed some great weather on Ashlyn's birthday so we played a few games outside.

Octopus Ring toss...
We timed everyone's crab walk...
Until someone stole the cones...
The kids loved tossing the water balloons! One side of the cannon...

And the other side...
No one really got very wet so we had to hose them down...
I can sum up what Ashlyn received (and asked for) for her birthday in just two words- shoes & Barbies- and she is darn happy about it.

Cake, ice cream and an entertaining movie- Barbie Mermaid Tale 2!!! Whew, it's over!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I want an ocean party! Will you come throw one for me?

Rachel said...

Awww. Looks like so much fun!!