Friday, October 5, 2007

Crazy Three Weeks

Our camera is currently out of commission, so we don't have any new pictures to share right now. But we do want to thank everyone for their prayers and their thoughts for us. We are all finally feeling better. The kids are doing much better. Dylan still has trouble being as rambunctious as usual. But he has lost so much weight. He is now back to sleeping very little- but I should be thankful.

For those who don't know- we have been in and out of the ER three times between two kids. We still don't know exactly what was wrong but we do know that Dylan had strep throat at some point. Our pediatrician says if it was only strep, then she has never seen anything like it. Both kids where extremely dehydrated from diarrhea and vomiting. Dylan's lasted two weeks. Ashlyn had the same symptoms plus a croup cough, but test results said she had no strep? Dylan slept away most his days and said or did little. So we are glad to have some of him back. We still have some recovering to do.

Right before all this Dylan got his first black eye. We do have a picture we will have to post at some point. He and Simeon, his cousin, ran right into eachother. His eye swelled shut in seconds. He couldn't see well for a few days and then we had a rainbow of colors. He just now is looking normal again. But it was all kind of funny.

4 comments:

jeanine said...

Wow. I can't believe that! It's so scary when stuff like that happens to kids! I hope that everyone fully recovers soon!

Jenny said...

I'm glad that everyone is doing better. I was just thinking the other day about how Dylan was in the hospital over Christmas a couple of years ago. That's crazy!

Liz said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute! I did not know you guys ended up in Ohio. How do you like it there?
Sorry about your last couple weeks, I am glad you guys are all feeling better.
Take Care,
Liz

Melanie said...

I'm SO sorry! I wish I could have been there to do something to help out! And in the summer/fall?!? Maybe it means they'll be immune from everything this winter? Let's hope!