Sunday, June 1, 2008

Northwest Wedding

The reason we haven't been bloggin:



My little Brother, Jameson, got married to Kamrah on May 24th in the Portland Temple. It rained and rained the days before,but then the Sun came out all day for the wedding! What luck, or maybe it was just the Heavens Smiling! Check out her dress, she made it herself! (Wish I had known her when I got married!) My little sister, Carrie, and other family watched our kids during the sealing. We also did a lot of driving between Portland and White Salmon, WA (Kamrah's home town) and so we had some great bonding time. Connor even learned most of his lines for the Kirtland play (Dylan now has all our songs memorized for the play- maybe they should cast him too!) The reception and ring ceremony (Kamrah is a convert to the church) were at her friend's Bed and Breakfast. It was gorgeous!

A few funny things-
1. Cousin Morgan fell in the reflecting pool at the temple. Good thing we had all our luggage in our car!
2. Dylan has an affinity for peeing outside. He really would rather not use the toilet if he had the choice. The temple grounds must be lush, because he dropped his pants and "fertilized" the plants right then and there during our picture session.



We made the best of our trip and also saw Connor's brother, Joel, and his family near Seattle . Carter is just 5 months younger than Dylan. I felt like I didn't see Dylan for three days while he played all day with Carter in Carter's playroom. Boy do I wish they lived closer! Kadi showed me all the best places to shop, Mason and I became buddies, and Connor got some quality time with his brother.

The 4 1/2 hour flights back and forth weren't as bad as I had imagined it to be with three little ones. However, the three hour time change just about killed us. The rest of this week we have really been trying to recuperate! I think everyone hated us when our kids were waking up at 4 am, but now we are up till 11pm at night.

We are now back to daily play practice. A blessing and a curse. It is much harder than I imagined to both be in the play and somehow entertain our children during all the practices. Boy, Cami and Nate made this look easier than it is!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

ha! some fantastically unforgettable memories during that trip (the fertilization, the reflecting pool incident... i love 'em.) you look so pretty, of course! aren't family weddings the best?

Kim said...

Michal! You were in Portland, and you didn't call us?? I'll try not to get offended...I know you guys were probably busy=)!

Jenny said...

What a fun trip! You look great in the pictures! Your kids are cute (as always).

Kristen said...

I am so glad that you posted about your trip! What great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog! it provides entertainment when i'm up feeding Ethan during the night- like now, if you want to keep up with Reid and me i started a blog at teamclark.wordpress.com

jeanine said...

Looks like a fabulous time! Love the fertilization story...

Robyn said...

Only you could make that shade of green look great . . . :)

Tasha said...

What beautiful pictures! I can't wait til they have a little girl ( I am sure it is a ways off) and she makes her blessing dress! What an awesome talent to have.

Meggan said...

So glad you are back! Looks like you had a blast! Your kids are hilarious!

Katt said...

How does ones self fall into a reflecting pool? I always think about doing it, but never actually do. How funny.
Glad you had a good trip. I like the pictures... always do!

Maegan said...

Michal,
The bride's dress looks awesome. That is so amazing that she made her own dress. Your kids are adorable and that was such a good pic of you and Connor. Maybe we will see you sometime in the future.

BWei said...

Hilarious about Morgan falling in the pool (that's Nate and Leslie's son, right?)--I've always seen the reflecting pool looking so pristine, so it's funny to imagine him falling in (I'm sure he wasn't the first!).