Sunday, January 4, 2009

Best supporting Wife

With all those movie awards I decided I need one too. So I gave myself the best supporting Wife award and this is why...

Yep, I went to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans with my die hard Utah fan of a husband. And here I am even sporting a Utah shirt (don't worry, BYU is still my first love.) I have never been to New Orleans before but it was gorgeous. Here are a few pictures mainly of the French Quarter- one of the many amazing bands we heard, one of the many beautiful tour carriages, the classic beautiful building, General Beauregard's home, the Cathedral, the convent, the trolley, the flea market's abundance of Marti grass apparel, the holocaust memorial, and the old fashion ferry.

Then for the game day fun- tailgate party, Corbin decked out for the game, at the game, fun with the band, "super fans" dressed as an "incredible Ute fan" and Ute Indian, and all of us (Connor's Cousins and us) around town.

I saw a little shop that was named:

I mean doesn't a name like that draw you in? Even for the items they sell.
It was a great trip, but it ended in another strep diagnosis for me (as well as an ear infection.) You didn't think I could get it again did you!!! But Corbin got it the worst- he has and ear infection, strep, and cutting not one, but TWO teeth. Poor guy. We are officially SICK (no pun intended) of traveling, so y'all will have to come see us instead. Next post will be Christmas and New Years I promise.

10 comments:

Kadi said...

So fun! Wish we could have all been there together. We miss you guys! Way to go Utes!

jeanine said...

definetly wife of the year... and even though I never thought I'd do this, I found myself cheering for Utah!

Three Men and a Little Lady said...

What an awesome person you are for your husband! haha:) that's great!

Rochelle said...

You look incredible in all of these pictures. Maybe I should take up running! :)

Kristen said...

You are the best wife!

What did you do with the other kids??

suzi said...

That looks like it would've been so much fun! Ok, even more as a Ute fan...so, you definitely get the award! Of all the games to travel to, you definitely picked the best one, that's for sure! I'm so sorry you picked up strep in the fun of it all...that is the WORST! Happy New Year!

Maegan said...

You traitor. That is awesome. You look so great for having 3 kids.

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Oh how fun! I am sad we weren't there! My dad didn't invite the marrieds. It would have been fun to see you guys! Way to support the Utes Michal!

Carrie said...

I can't believe you wore that shirt... went to the game, sure. Supported the MWC, fine... but Michal, THE SHIRT!!!!!!!

JK, love you anyways!

The Coxes said...

Looks like you had fun! But I'm so sorry you got sick. It's never-ending, huh? :( Kendy