Monday, October 26, 2009

Nails

My Husband was giving me some weird looks tonight at dinner, not that this is very rare! However, usually it has meaning, so I shrugged it off the first time. But after the second time I gave it right back! Then there was the "aha" moment! He said, " You painted your nails." He had been watching me all during dinner- this was even one of those very long and entertaining meals that we have every once-in-a-while where everyone is laughing. Corbin was sticking both fingers up his nose on his own accord, Ashlyn was laughing uncontrollably and then there began the mouth popping (is that what you call it- where you put your finger in your mouth and as you slide it out you can pop it?) Corbin tried, and well, failed. Dylan figured it out. Anyway, I have NEVER in our married lives painted my nails. And I DIDN'T put on a nice, pretty, subtle color either- a dark purple, almost black, perfect for Halloween. I was doing my toes (a deep and ingrained fetish that I have that all started with dancing- a new thing you know about me now- they have to been nicely groomed and always painted to help other's overlook the once blistered beaten feet I used to sport) and decided to try my fingers too, why not! (Was that grammatically correct in anyway- I hope you get the point?) So this whole time he was trying to figure out what was different about me. As much as I use my hands to just talk, I was surprised it took that long!

What is your fetish?

3 comments:

Meggan said...

That is so funny Michal! I love that he noticed. That is awesome! I am going to think of my fetish tendencies and get back to you. I know I have them, it's just too early to think too much.

Meggan said...

Okay, so I have a coupon fetish, a take the last bite of my sisters food fetish, and a fix my daughters hair fetish. Just to name a few. And yes, I would love to take your a picture of your adorable family. My littlest sis is getting married in December and will be moving out of Richmond, VA. That's only a few hours from ya'll...maybe we'll have to work something out when we come visit. Like taking a southern detour to check out North Carolina. I've always wanted to go there after reading Nicolas Sparks. Thanks for the compliment.

Maegan said...

That is pretty dang funny Michal. Oh Connor.