Tuesday, September 7, 2010

End of summer

This summer was so long and tiring, yet I somehow can't believe it is over. The air here has given us it's indication that fall is on it's way (the humidity has let up, what a great relief.) I have found myself desperately holding on to each day. A month ago I prayed that the summer would quickly expire, only so that the stress would be over. This summer has brought so many wonderful blessings. We have enjoyed getting to know and love our new little Kamryn even more as well as our new home. I am just glad that we were able to choose a house, close and move in to it, all in less than a month!

The kids are LOVING school. I was a little worried that Dylan was going to YET another new school. But he said it was his "best first day ever!" What a relief! We are enjoying our ability to walk and ride bikes to school. I can't believe my first baby is a 1st grader!
And this face will tell you all about it...
This girl...

Started preschool today. I thought she was literally going to burst from excitement. She has waited so patiently. She has watched Dylan go to school for the last 6 weeks.

These cutties have become wonderful friends and cuddle buddies...
I mean, it would take a ball and a chain to restrain you from trying to cuddle with the chunky girl!
We have definitely enjoyed our share of the pool. We have been "pool hoppers" for two years now. We are stoked that we finally have a pool to take our generous friends too. And here, that is literally all you can do during the hot summer weeks! There are a few weeks the end of July and early August where the pool water actually gets too hot and it is no longer refreshing! One of many pool trains with your's truly as the engine...
And it looks like even though summer is ending THIS battle rages on...

Yes, these are Kamryn's 3 mo clothes...argggggggg!!!! I guess the 80's would have suite her well.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

What a great summer. Your kids are THE cutest!!

Dunbabin said...

Too cute! I still can't believe she can even get those clothes on!

Kristen said...

I love your family! Your kiddos are too cute!

You are the best Mom! I love that you were pulling the train in the pool.

Steve and Patti King said...

What wonderful pictures! It made me sit here this early morning and brought the first smile to my face...tell them I love them! What color are Kamryn's eyes? Tutu

Laura Judd said...

I love Ashlynn's sense of style.

suzi said...

I love these pictures! Ashlyn cracks me up...I love the battle! I couldn't agree more with what you said about the summer... kinda long and at times so difficult! Whit starts preschool tomorrow and I'm all sorts of choked up knowing I'm losing my little buddy!

Those snuggle pictures with all of your kids are to die for! So dang cute.

KaraLynne and Andy said...

Your baby girl is so cute and chubby and snuggable! I love her cheeks and Im jealous of her hair.

Mandy said...

Okay, first of all I could just eat up Kamryn's cheeks. She is such a cute little chunker. Second, I am so jealous your kids have been in school for six weeks. Mine don't even start until Monday. Dylen looks so old, I can't believe how fast they grow up.

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Cute little Thompson munchkins! Looks like you have been having fun!