Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

I strongly dislike carving pumpkins.
I am sure you have all now labeled me as a Halloween scrooge.
I have finally figured out that it isn't so much the carving that I hate, but it is when the pumpkins start to become a host to more living things than I want to imagine that throws me over the edge. They get soggy and turn black. No thanks. So I have resorted to finding other fun things to do with pumpkins. Last year we painted faces on them, used Mr. Potato head pieces and clipped facial features from magazines and glued them on.
This year we enjoyed hammering golf tees to make polk-a-dot pumpkins and painted a few to mimic candy corn. Since Nate and Leslie had to leave their pumpkins here from their visit (another future post), we had enough to make a snowman pumpkin! No melting!

Every year, Genworth has trick-or-treating at the office- LOVE IT! It is warm, not dark and the kids can't run too far ahead. This is my kind of trick-or-treating. (Someday, when the kids are older, my true halloween spirit will come out! You'll see!) They then serve ice cream. Kinda weird. Don't you think that is a little overkill on the sugar? Who's complaining?

Dylan was Jay Ninjago...
Depending on the night Ashlyn was either a princess or a fairy...
Corbin wanted to be a fairy too. I didn't have to do too much persuading after I slipped in the Incredibles movie. He was the perfect Dash...
Kamryn played an especially cute octopus...
Seeing her walk was the cutest!

4 comments:

BWei said...

Love the octopus costume--I bet she was hilarious waddling around in that thing.

Rachel said...

They're so cute!! Where's your costume? :)

Marilyn said...

Great costumes! Your kids are so cute!

Marilyn said...

That spider outfit is awesome, I had to do a double take.