Friday, May 9, 2008

Solo Mission

I know some of you might think we are crazy, and there was a moment when I thought we were, but here is a video of Dylan's second day without training wheels!!!

I don't know if the day will ever come when Dylan will disappoint us rather than completely surprise us with his physical abilities. The limits seems to be endless. Now that we have a second child, it is more amazing to think that Dylan was batting pitched balls and throwing spiral footballs at Ashlyn's age! I wish I had been more proactive about signing him a contract with a sponsor or team for the future!!! Do you think they would do that??

I was a little worried at first. Dylan has a habit of being very impatient when it comes to learning new things. He is so good at just about everything that when he can't get it, he gets upset. I knew biking would take practice, and surprisingly, he was very patient. He even begged to go out and "practice." Another great thing is that Connor is getting a great work out too.

11 comments:

lacy said...

Michal-

I just found your blog in all my blog stalking and I super love it! You are welcome to check out ours as well. You have such a cute little family. It is seriously so much fun to watch Connor being a dad. I love this video of Dylan because, like a good dad, Connor is right there at the end to catch him! Also, I probably watched the 'falling dead' video 8 times at least! Keep up the good work!

Lacy (Fowles) Anderson

Morgan said...

wow, way to go dylan. i didn't know he was so talented in all things physical. that is awesome. looks like you've got an athlete on you hands!

whitney said...

as i was watching the video, i was thinking about what i was going to say when i commented... i literally thought, "wow, way to go dylan!" and then i saw morgan's comment... haha sisters must think alike. :) seriously, that is so fun for dylan!

ty and megs said...

WOW! i think i was 6 when i got my training wheels off! is there anything that kid is not good at?

Carrie said...

I was in 1st grade when I got my training wheels off... no, 2nd. Go Dylan.

Yes, call someone. Get him a contract. At the very least get him on a talk show as a sports prodigy. I STILL tell everyone about the time when we were at your parents house and he was hitting pitches with 100% accuracy. The kid's amazing!

Jenny said...

That Dylan! He's amazing! When he was one he could throw a football better than I could.

Kristen said...

Wow! That is awesome! I can't believe he is doing that at 4 years old!!!

Tasha said...

Isn't he only 4? WOW!!! HE IS AMAZING!!! it's nice that one of us can have a child that can make all of us millions:)

Anonymous said...

We were in Palm Springs... Erica was 6 1/2 and Jack was 4. We thought it'd be a good time to teach Erica how to ride a 2-wheeler. Little did we know, Jack would learn on that trip too! Seems it's in those Thompson genes. Thanks for having Dylan, it means I get to re-live Jack's childhood!

Tasha said...

Oh my gosh! What a small world! I went to 6th-12th grades with Kathryn. She is a sweetie!

Katt said...

That kid is one determined bugger! Mark my words, he'll be famous when he grows up. He's gonna make mommy and daddy a whole lot a mullah some day.