Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Rain or Shine

You guessed it... RAIN.
It is raining and supposed to rain for the next week. So I decided there was no better time to go running than right now- the time was good (baby fed, Connor home, dinner made.) I am sure you are all sick of my running stories, but I have fallen in LOVE!!!! At least I will spare you the details such as miles, time, pace, and heart rate.

We have a great parks system here in Cleveland and the North Chagrin Reservation is just minutes from our house. It has a large pond, all kinds of wildlife, nature center, hiking trails that cover the reservation, and a paved trail.

This evening I went out for a run, it was raining but because of the foliage, I didn't get as soaked as I would have running on the sidewalk. I took advantage of the hiking trail since I didn't have to push the kids. I was in HEAVEN!!! I even saw a deer! Though my lack of knowledge of the area combined with the abundance of trails I literally almost "LOST" myself back to my car before my time was up! I felt like I was running in the Rocky Mountains, minus the terrain of course, it was just beautiful. It is so beautiful I don't have to run with my iPod to keep me entertained!!

So I need to add to my list of "Things I love about my Jogger":

9. When I pass someone, I feel AMAZING!!!

10. Somehow I get more side aches without my jogger.

Here is a picture of Corbin's first Run. As you can see, he didn't think it was as great as I thought it was. I mean doesn't this jogger create bonding moments for my children???

Oh and Just for laughs...

4 comments:

Nate King said...

Eeew, gross, his brain is coming out his nose! I think you better take him to the emergency room for that.

Thanks for being so nice to always post comments on our blog. We love reading them.

Morgan said...

i love running in awesome nature. the river trail is always great for that. plus, how cool to run when it's raining. i've always wanted to do that!

i'm doing a little 5k next saturday. hopefully i won't totally embarrass myself. wish me luck!

Jenny said...

Way to go! I'm beginning to love running. It's so refreshing. I love running in the rain too. Remember when we ran together with our kids when we were barely pregnant? BTW I saw Polly Smith yesterday at Michael's. It was nice to see someone from the old ward.

Katt said...

That booger should be in the Guinness Book of World Records. Way to go Corbin!!