Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Fun

We have now experienced the beach in the SOUTHEAST!!! Much warmer than the Northeast I might add! It was a nice, windy day. The waves were huge, to Dylan's delight!!! He could have jumped waves all day long!!! We flew a kite and watched the kite surfers- something I must try before I die. However, the kids eventually got sick of the sand and salt in the mouths.
I made Corbin a little seat in the sand and tried my hardest to create a "sand free" zone for him. As you can guess it didn't last long. He actually ended up falling asleep- it must have been an awesome seat!! What a little trouper.

Ashlyn LOVED the sand. I dug her out a little seat and she enjoyed it until it fell apart.

I also got turned into a Mermaid- just the way I hoped to be! Didn't they do a great job?
Hope you had a great Labor Day too!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

What a fun holiday! I have some great memories of going to the beach in NC.

If Ryan's schedule allows it we'd love to meet you in VA for Thanksgiving!

ty and megs said...

i'm looking forward to a mermaid collage! :)

Mandy said...

Ooohhh! The beach is the only thing that makes me miss living in California. Your kids are all clones of eachother it is hilarious.

Maegan said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun at the beach. Corbin is such a cutie!

Kadi said...

What a fun day! The sand looks a lot softer for some reason, than the sand is here...real rocky and coarse. I'm glad you had Connor back for a fun day with Dad!

BWei said...

We love the East coast beaches, too--seeing those pics makes me want to go!