Sunday, February 21, 2010

Top 10 Skills

You know you have mastered motherhood when you have attained these talents...
1. Can put on /change a diaper while child is still in motion

2. Can interpret any scream/grunt by a toddler- one that has a possibility of 1,000 meanings


3. With a plethora of sleepless nights and trips to the doctor you probably could have a MD in pediatric medicine!

4. Cry when they go to their 1st day of school (or any first for that matter)

5. You feel like you could literally sleep for a week

6. You can get out the door in 5 min or less with all persons clothed and shoed (notice I did not add anything else)

7. You return home with all items on your grocery list (Again, I did not mention that you are necessarily sane)

8. You showered!!!!

9. You found time to read your scriptures before 9pm

10. Your kids have good manners

I never said I am successful at any of these! Now, let's add to that list, What else did I miss- what makes you feel like a successful mother???


Here is also a list of roles a mother takes on, what we really are...

party planner, chauffeur, chef, baker, singer, story teller, maid, laundry mat, creative artist, historian, stylist, Tailor, money manager, psychologist, lifeguard, decorator...


again, what did I miss- what else do you do?

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

psychologist :)

Meggan said...

historian, stylist. Love the finger by the way. It must be contagious.

Jenny said...

So true. I struggle w/#6 though. I have to ask Jack for at least 5 minutes to put his shoes and coat on while I'm getting Ty ready. I'm excited for warm weather when the kids can slip on their own flip flops or crocs and we're out the door.

Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed at my ability to stay awake... a little longer, get something for the 20th time, or be hit in the face and forgive. If anyone else asked us to do these things.... even our husbands. I don't think I could do it.

MKS said...

don't be too jealous about my DI finds. 1)i don't have kids 2)i dont have a job--still working on that one and 3)i have to do something with my time and 4)i dont just shop at di. random thrift stores are often cheaper and not as picked over. search in your area for thrift stores and you might be surprised at what you could find :)

Amber said...

Hey, Michal, it's your next door neighbor from 6 years ago! How are things? Your blog is so cute and you look a-mazing.

Can I just add a heartfelt "amen" to the sleeping for a week desire.... oh, I am always tired.