Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Adieu to Summer

I would like to take the time so say:
Ha, Ha, Ha- I wore shorts today and I was still HOT!!!

This is the first time I have ever been able to gloat about my warm weather, and I really like it. Sorry to all those who had to have a taste of winter last weekend! I KNOW how you feel.

So as we say good bye to summer and hello to fall, here are some of the reoccurring events that filled our summer here in Raleigh:

We have been playing a lot of tennis. I have been taking a class with some of the women in my ward. It is staring to pay off and I am actually getting better! Thank you Connor! Dylan wishes he could play all day, as you can see he is playing in the dark and still doesn't believe it is time to go home. He is our little athlete, he is as good as me and has great rallies with Connor!

Ashlyn is our ball girl. She loves to go get all the balls and never gets tired of it. As you can see she is getting really good at it- here she has at least four balls! Pretty good for the little thing that she is.

The kids LOVED the pool. Luckily we met some friends that have a pool. We went there at least three times a week. Ashlyn learned to be less afraid of the water (good and bad.)

Dylan learned to swim with no floating devices and even learned to dive for toys! He is now our little fish. Dylan and Lydia are great friends. Anything they do together is fun.

We also have a play place in the mall great for those rainy days. The kids love this little place, especially when our friends are there too.

They loved playing hide-and-seek in the boat!

I have also been doing a lot of running- again, THANK YOU CONNOR!! It was hard to get used to the high humidity and high temperatures (almost too hot to run at night) but now it is perfect!

4 comments:

BWei said...

Thanks for your reminder to appreciate the heat--having lived here most of my life, I often envy those who are already experiencing the cold weather (and yesterday the high was 88!). That's awesome about Dylan and Ashlyn loving to play tennis--when Michael and I play (which hasn't happened in a while), Clara wants to be held for half the time :-). I'll have to show her the pics of Ashlyn and teach her to get the balls.

Rochelle said...

You are so good at exercising... I'm going to have to get going with that as soon as possible. Lincoln keeps asking me when my 'other baby' is going to come out. It's only been 3 days since I gave birth! Come on! :)

I've been to that mall play ground when my brother and sister-in-law lived there. It's so awesome! I'm glad you guys are having so much fun down there!

Elder Henry H. Thompson said...

LUCKY!!! When I leave for school it's freezing here in SLC!!! Plus, it has already snowed like twice! Hope to see you guys soon!
Love,
Erica

Boston Family said...

Isn't it nice having an actual fall and not just summer and winter? It was always too cold for me out west because this is the climate that I have been raised with. No snow til Jan or Feb is heaven. Don't get me wrong, love the snow. But, it tends to hang around too long.