Wednesday, October 1, 2008

What??

Isn't it interesting as a mom you would ALMOST give anything to your kids to keep them happpy and busy. Even at a little of your own expense. But then it really doesn't take long to regret your decision and wonder "what was I thinking?"

So this was what my day sounded like:

At least they were nice enough to play a tune for Corbin. Dylan even wondered why his recorder started to become wet. Notice the hula skirt Ashlyn insisted she wear to the library.

I think Connor is smarter than I am and doesn't even think/buy/imagine toys that are super noisy. He even grumbles about gifts the kids get (the lawn mower) that he knows will fall in this category. He would rather hide them in the attic or throw them away!

But all is well and I think I can still hear right.

9 comments:

Aubrey said...

It looks like they had fun! We got the twins recorders a couple of weeks ago...they disappeared quickly.

Steve and Liz Evans said...

I know exactly what you mean! I regret almost everything I give Jaxon. He can make ANYTHING annoying.

Jenny said...

I know what you mean. We have some kazoos that go into hiding pretty often. The kids could play them all day! Whatever keeps them happy...

Carianne King said...

Sister, you really have the cutest blog ever! I love reading up on the little moments of your life and seeing pictures! I miss you guys SO much!

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

Looks like a fun and crazy day! We miss our crazy days with the Thompsons! Miss you!

Maegan said...

That is pretty funny that you would compromise your hearing to keep your kiddos entertained.

Katt said...

Hey, it's better than listening to whining, complaining, and crying. God bless musical instruments. :)

suzi said...

That is so funny! Our kids have an electric guitar this is going to kill me. Half the time they'll turn it on and then set it down somewhere playing the same little tune until I can find it, turn it off, and HIDE IT AGAIN! Love the hula skirt!

Camilla said...

I so enjoy browsing your entries! You have such a beautiful family Micahl! And your children are getting so big! I'm sorry about the ear-infection drama and hope that clears up soon. Take care!