Saturday, October 18, 2008

Cannonball Complete

I have done all the other distances (5k,10k, marathon and triathlon) but I skipped one run- the 1/2 marathon. So this year I decided to give it a try. Today I ran the Greensboro Cannonball 1/2 marathon. It was much more fun to train for than the full- that is for sure! Ashlyn was by far my best training partner and she always wanted to come along for a ride.

So today was the day- it has been 80 degrees all week long, and then the high today was 52!! Perfect race day weather!?!? I met and exceeded my goal of breaking 2 hours! I finished at 1:50. It was a very hilly course and the last 800 was a very steap hill- cruel and unusual punishment!!! But I was excited to average a less thatn 8 1/2 mile pace and place 8th in my division!! But I was beat!


Enough about me- Thanks to Connor for putting up with the kids all on his own for many hours of training and for race day!

Here is before the race:

Here are all three kids stuffed into our kidarooz:

And the after:

Here's to the next one! Anyone???

18 comments:

Kendra Leigh said...

Wow. You go girl. What do you think about a spring triathlon? It'd be fun to do that with you!

Leslie said...

You are awesome! Way to go - what a great finish time. Sounds like it was a lot of fun. What a good feeling to set a goal just for YOU and work at it and accomplish it.

Mandy said...

Is there anything that you can't do?

whitney said...

whoa! great time! i would love to run a race with you... too bad we are so far away from each other. :( you guys move so often, maybe i can count on you moving our way sometime soon. :)

Tasha said...

All I can say is WOW! You are amazing! To even run a half marathon at all is spectacular, but less than a year after giving birth should go down in the record books! Did you run with the kids in the trailer? Because if you did that and still placed 8th, I need to know what you are eating cause I need to get some of that!

ty and megs said...

way to go iron woman!!

jeanine said...

Way to go Michal!

Jenny said...

Way to go! That's so great! Maybe someday we'll live close again and I'll do a race with you. Are you moving to New Mexico anytime soon?

Morgan said...

way to go michal! that is an awesome time. i hope to get there someday. i kept pace with some ladies in my ward for 6 miles at a 9 minute mile pace, so maybe there is hope for me after all. you look amazing, by the way!!

Dunbabin said...

Good for you! That's great you have been able to keep up with your running.

Dane and Natalie said...

Not okay... How is it that I can barely go 3 miles and I'm done. I am way impressed. We are singing "He Lives" in Stake Conference this weekend. We had a practice on Sunday and we missed you guys a lot. It just wasn't the same without you there!

Brianne Christopher said...

Props to my running friend. I would just like to see what your time is when you are getting a full night's sleep and not nursing. : )
If you want to come to Boston in May, there's a great 1/2 marathon in New Hampshire...Mary Pugh and I would love to do with you...

Kristen said...

You are amazing!! Definitely makes me want to start running! You look awesome too! Love all the pictures!

Steve and Liz Evans said...

Michal... How do you do it? I would love to train with you but you first need to move to Salt Lake. I keep reminding Steve that we need to come to your parts and visit.

Carrie said...

You amaze me. I don't think I could do that!!!!! Way to go! I skimmed through the pictures before I read the post and for a second I thought you pushed the kid through it!!! Yeah, even you aren't that crazy! What a good husband you have!

The Coxes said...

Michal - way to go!! Kendy :)

suzi said...

Ok, that is amazing. The list BEFORE the 1/2 marathon was enough to make me want to pour a coke and eat a chocolate donut! I am way impressed. That has to have been the best feeling ever to accomplish!!! Way to go! I think my running mentality would have me beat like 2 miles into it. WOW!

Marilyn said...

Good Job! That is so great. That looks fun to have a trampoline. I always wanted one growing up but my parents said no. I am sure the kids are loving it.