Sunday, October 12, 2008

Grocery Shopping with Super Hero's

It was Super Boy, Super Girl, Super baby and Super Mom against the Dark Fighter!

The quest: To secretly and safely get food for the poor citizens of the country.

We rushed to the nearby Super food store (aka Target) in our super vehicle (aka our Odyseey) with all our boosters on, to get there before the Dark fighter could catch us and stop us. We even were able to power up our super cart with a booster as well! We silently (as silent as can be with three little kids) snuck through the isles of food to escape the eye of the Dark fighter. But he saw us, so we raced to hide among the frozen foods where we hoped the "misty cloud" would keep us unseen from his dark mask. It worked and we were off again to quickly gather our necessities. Finally our list was met. We had to sneak to the register so that he would not see us leaving. We had almost made it out without being detected, but he found us as we were speeding away in our super car! Thankfully we have a super disguise button that makes us invisible. So if we are quiet enough, he is unable to detect our presence. We made it back to our secret hideout with super victory.

This is how our last minute shopping trip went on Saturday. Dylan never likes to go shopping with me anymore and he especially didn't want to leave because he wanted to play super heros. And since I am queen of multi-tasking I thought "why can't we do both." To sum it all up- we had the best shopping trip we have ever had with all four of us. It was 1. quick 2. quiet (meaning I didn't have anyone screeming down the isle) 4. Happy (I didn't get mad once or have to enforce any consequences for disobedience and 5. I had the best car ride home (it was literally silent!) I highly recommend it!

6 comments:

BWei said...

So funny! Way to go on being creative to make your kids happy and get the job done at the same time.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! I love it. So creative. I love your halloween background, too!

jeanine said...

You are so creative! I love it! I'll have to try that next time William is being difficult!

suzi said...

Sheer brilliance! I'm going to have to try that. The grocery store is ALWAYS a joke for us!

The Hopkins said...

It was so good to hear from you! You're family is gorgeous! It's a little hectic w/ 3 kids but it keeps things interesting, right? Chris and I are living in Elk Ridge right now, it's about 30 minutes south of Provo. Chris is still going to school, he has about 2 yrs left, and I work at The Home Depot..Boo! It's so fun to find people that have disappeared and keep tabs on them, in a non stocking sort of way of course!

Mandy said...

Hey you are like the best mom ever. I can't believe you come up with this stuff. I wish I had your imagination and patience.