Monday, June 7, 2010

8 Years

8 years ago I never imagined a day like today...

*woken abruptly by child 3 screaming bloody murder
*poop leaked on your clothes at a baseball game
*child 3 drops apple into dirt after repeated warnings (might I add that you are VERY hungry)
*stubbed your broken toe
*child 2 scrapes knee and there is D.R.A.M.A.
*as you load the car you realize that child 3 has pooped in his swim diaper (and it is that flaky stuff that doesn't come off) and your friend with the pool key just left.
*child 4 is often crying but has to be put off until children 1-3 are satisfied
*child 2 won't stop asking you to walk the neighbor's dog with her
*child 3 rammed heads with his best buddy and now is crying and has a big bump
*child 1 cries because there are no more baseball helmets
*child 2 thinks she runs the house and can tell everyone what to do
*child 3 complains that his tummy hurts (your first thought is throw up)
*child 1 decides he needs a reward for picking up his own trash
*child 4 is tired but having a hard time falling and STAYING asleep.
*child 1 says he can't find his baseball shirt even though he is practically looking at it
*child 3 plays in the mud
*child 2 cries because the shoes she chose are hurting her feet, she demands that you go get her different ones (you are not at home, nor are you even close)
*child 3 throws his sandwich at you
*child 1 asks you to carry his bat and water bottle- like you aren't already hauling enough
*child 3's nose is running, all you can find is his shirt.

And this is a typical day. But yet it doesn't seem so bad because I married this man...
Who makes me feel loved, which is the most wonderful feeling in the whole world. Loved inside and out, despite many weaknesses and eccentricities. My best friend and one who makes me smile and laugh even when the world seems to be crashing around us. I am grateful that I chose to marry this man and that I get to walk side by side with him forever- a marvelous gift that started 8 years ago today!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Awwww. such a cute anniversary post. I cracked up at the list - I totally relate! And I don't even have 4! (which seems insanely more difficult!) Everyday is an adventure :)

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary!

Mandy said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys look like babies.

Amber said...

You're making me very scared for four children. It really baffles me how much we didn't expect out of this whole mommy thing. Like you never imagined a day like that 8 years ago. Crazy.

Glad you've got a good man by your side. What would we do without them?

Jen, Dave, Reagan and Matthew said...

That is so sweet. your wedding picture is really pretty. I can't believe you have been married for 8 years. I'm just going on 3 :-)
I have a lot to look forward to.