Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wee Wee Wee All The Way Home

I never would have thought that this... would =

A week ago I was in my normal post bedtime zone- cleaning and picking up after a long day. I walked briskly past the baby bouncer- I guess a little too closely! I caught the frame between my 4th and 5th toes and of course tripped. Luckily there was no baby in it because I snagged it hard. Honestly, I take pain pretty well, but this hurt more than just a normal stub. Connor heard my howl and found me laying face down. The only reason I was still sprawled on the floor at this point was the need for a few extra minutes to shake it off. Connor started laughing, assuming I was trying to play some sort of joke (I guess I play too many on him.)
I have never broken a single bone in my body until I became a mother- how ironic! I never knew that motherhood could be so dangerous! The x-ray showed a very obvious pinky toe fracture.
The sad part is that I was just getting back into my running after my 6 week postpartum green light. This puts quite a damper on my race training and tennis team playing! So for the next four weeks I have to find time/ways to cross train (not going so hot)!

8 comments:

Kadi said...

That's awful! I broke my toe once and it hurt. Man, it would have been nice to have a little boot for mine...my Dad said there's nothing they can do for broken toes, so I just taped two toes together and hobbled along. Last time I listen to him...I'll call an actual doctor. Hurt like the dickens. I hope it heals quickly! So sorry.

Anonymous said...

OUCH. Sorry to hear that it will impede your exercise. But i'm sure you will find your way around it!!

Katt said...

Who knew? You poor thing.:(

Leslie said...

Those bouncy seats are dangerous! So sorry to hear about your toe. It's just another thing to force you to take it easy a little longer.

Scott and Nicole albertson said...

Ouch, that sounds painful. I hope it heals quickly.

Heather Singleton said...

HOLY COW MICHAL, are you okay!?!?!? poor thing...I too, have tripped over that bouncy seat on several occasions, luckily i never broke anything, but it did hurt like you wouldn't believe so i can only imagine how much pain YOU were in...geez..those things are nice but since the legs of them go out at an angle it's so much easier to get caught on...VERY DANGEROUS!!! I'm so sorry you're in pain, do you need anything!?

Anna and Ryan said...

I have to forward this to Ryan. I can't tell you how many times he trips over that thing (when we had it out for Elliot). Honestly, I don't think he could walk past it without hitting it. Sorry that happened to you, though!

The Coxes said...

OUCH!! That sounds painful! But I DO like your green nail polish. Hang in there! Kendy :)