Friday, June 25, 2010

Spring Sports

Dylan played baseball for the first time this spring. It was a love/hate relationship. The games were LONG and SLOW- as you can imagine at 6 years of age. But Dylan loved it anyways. He still loves to go out and play catch with just about anyone.
Let me remind you, he is our super athlete. He never had a problem hitting the ball and getting to first base. His coaches loved it when he played third base because he could actually get the ball to first base in one throw. However, that doesn't mean that the first basemen caught it! It was a very interesting season to watch. I had to continually remind Dylan not to fight over the grounders with his teammates. It didn't seam to sink in!
During his last game he played first base and got two outs during the same inning. Obtaining any outs during your teams field play is rare, but very exciting. They have a 5 run maximum for each inning in the league due to this fact. So Dylan was pretty excited as you can imagine.
There was also another funny moment when Dylan was on the bench waiting to hit and he was crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said there weren't anymore helmets (he was far enough down the lineup that there were no helmets left to wear.) I just laughed.

Here is Dylan in catchers garb, most of the kids had a hard time just walking around in it...

Dylan and one of his best buddies were on the same soccer team again. We loved it and they loved it (I think because it was only one hour a week.) He is wearing a Honduran soccer outfit my sister, Carianne, sent him for his birthday.
What will this kid do next?

3 comments:

katie k said...

Dylan is so grown up! Great pictures :)

jeanine said...

so fun! I think William would love being in organized sports... but I'm not going to sign him up until he really bugs me about it! My life is busy enough as it is!

Elder Henry H. Thompson said...

you have given birth to Jack's twin!!! When he was that age and playing catcher, the coach was amazed at what he could do. I remember him saying somethng about Jack making saves that he hadn't seen 12 year olds make. Everyone should have a Jack/Dylan in the fam.