Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween

Here are all of our pumpkins that we carved the night before Halloween. But at least we did it. Dylan was a marvelous "cheer leader" who kept telling Connor and I that we were great carvers! I can now add another talent to my list! As you can see after two pumpkins each we were a little tired and the last pumpkin got the shaft! Poor Corbin's pumpkin is just a ghetto flower! Left to right- Spider, ghost face, flower, bat, and scary face.

I know some of you are thinking we couldn't possibly be the Incredibles one more time (at least moving has one good side.) But after making Ashlyn's costume I was tired out. This was my fall back. So here is Elastigirl and baby Jack Jack (undercover as you can see.)

Here is Ashlyn as Wonder Red from Super Readers! She even has "roller blades." Don't ask me what kind of pose she is sporting, I don't really know.

Here are the boys- Dylan was Dash for our Ward party but he was Luke Skywalker for Halloween. He was terribly excited to have his "life saver" with him. He hasn't take off his hooded cape since Monday (thank you Laurel!) However, I didn't get a picture- yet! I think I still have time. And isn't Connor a real life Mr. Incredible??? (Except for the fact that he looks really tired here!)

Dylan in his star wars costume. So there is a shirt that goes with the cape, but for some reason he insisted that he had to wear "black clothes" to complete his costume (which really are navy blue, but don't you dare try to correct him!)- I have no idea. So he has now worn his "black clothes" for 2 weeks straight!

13 comments:

BWei said...

Fabulous pumpkins--Wow on the spider!

Kristen said...

You never told me that you were professional pumpkin carvers!!!

Ashlyn''s costume turned out cute!

ty and megs said...

i love that she wanted to be "wonder read!" so cute.

The Lindic's said...

Great pumpkins! I love the Incredibles costumes also!

Mandy said...

You guys really love the Incredibles don't you. Your pumpkins are awesome. Can you do me a favor to make me feel better about myself. Post something you can't do.

Elder Henry H. Thompson said...

Thanks Michal! Just what I asked for! you have such a cute family! :)
Love,
Erica

Tasha said...

I agree with Mandy, please for the sake of the "normals" that can't do it all, help us out:) Your kids are darling as usual and yes Kenley loves to pick out her own clothes, but unfortunately it is getting cold so I have to force her into wearing someting other than a leotard and princess shoes!!! Or just panties and princess shoes....Oh, girls really just want to have fun!

MKS said...

the best part about the boots was that i got them for 1 dollar in germany before i came home! your family is so cute and you look beautiful! you are an inspiration

Ashley Funk said...

your pumpkins are incredible! Too bad the neighbors didn't get to enjoy them for longer. And your hair looks great, Michal!

Dunbabin said...

I love the pumpkins! They look great!

Michal Thompson said...

FYI- I must not have explained it very well- I am not REALLY a great pumpkin carver!! I thought you could tell from my pumpkin!

Melanie said...

how did you get dylan to remain patient enough to get pumped about the pumpkin carving? neither our children had interest levels that lasted beyond the initial knife insert. and hey -- why bother making new costumes for the whole fam when the original incredible ones are so good?

Justin *Anna *Daisy *Lily *Violet said...

Halloween sure is a fun holiday. Your kids look so great. Fun pumpkins too. We bought pumbkins, but never got around to carving them. Maybe next year.